Project GREEN needs your help! Here are three ways you can help with Project GREEN’s 50+-year mission to make the greater Iowa City area an even nicer place to live and work:
1. Donate to Project GREEN
In 2017 Project GREEN spent over $38,000 just for our parkways maintenance, primarily for the Iowa Avenue medians, the Melrose Avenue
medians and parkway, Highway 6 Bypass parkway, North Dubuque Street parkway and Mormon Trek viaduct planters. Watch this spring for the spectacular flowering crabapples along Highway 6 Bypass and the lovely crabapples and redbuds in the Iowa Avenue median. Beauty like that isn’t possible without the generous donations of Project GREEN volunteers and supporters.
Your donations can be made to our general fund or to the Project GREEN endowment fund through the Community Foundation of Johnson County.
Please visit our Donate page for more information. Project GREEN thanks you for your generosity!
2. Volunteer for Project GREEN Events
Project GREEN is a citizens’ volunteer organization powered by those who take pride and interest in the environmental beauty of our community.
Volunteers are our most vital commodity! Please consider volunteering your time or your garden to help beautify our community.
We need volunteers for:
- The Ashton House – Project GREEN Gardens need volunteers beginning Monday, May 4th from 9 – 11 a.m. Volunteers are asked to bring gardening tools for weeding and planting efforts. Please contact Diane Allen (319-430-6649 or email@example.com) to be included in the weekly email communication telling of work session details. The Ashton House is located at 820 Park Road. This fun group of volunteers will work Monday mornings at Ashton House through fall. Everyone is welcome!
- The Project GREEN Winter Forums need a few volunteers to help set up for educational presentations in the Iowa City Public Library, and any contributions of baked goods make the event more festive and are always welcome!
- The Project GREEN Open Gardens Weekend, Project GREEN’s biggest event held around early July each year, will need a few volunteers at Ashton House to help with the event. If you’d like to spend a couple hours chatting with visitors at the beautiful Project GREEN Gardens at Ashton House, please contact us!
To volunteer your time, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Parsons, (319) 337-9659
Diane Allen, (319) 354-5720
3. Share Your Garden for Project GREEN’s Open Gardens Weekend
To find out more about sharing your garden for the Open Gardens Weekend, please visit this page. Many thanks!